Monday 22 August 2011

Another day, another Dawn.

It's nice to be wanted. It's even nicer to be wanted for a good reason.

Well the other day, I got the opportunity to be both wanted, and pleased to be wanted, when I got a message via Facebook. It was a message from Aurora Dawn, a model that I have shot with before. She had an idea for a shoot, and she wanted me to shoot it with her. Now, this wasn't exactly a multi-million pound commission, but still, she does a variety of styles of modelling, and for this shoot, she wanted me as the photographer. So yeah, I was fairly pleased with that.

In the message, she laid-out the theme for the shoot, which centred around a black PVC fetishy nurses outfit, in a derelict location in South Wales. As soon as I read the details I understood why she had contacted me for this shoot - this kind of stuff is right up my street!

The only potential problem was getting caught at the location by police / security which obviously would put a premature end to our shoot. It's somewhere we have both (individually) shot before, and we know it can be a little risky. Fortunately, nothing like that happened, and it all went off without any problems. Shooting with Aurora was, just like last time, really great fun. To be honest, it's times like that when I remember / realise why I enjoy shooting people so much. For me, there's an energy and insight that really makes everything so much more interesting. I love photography, but I really love meeting and interacting with people. Shoots with models like Aurora are just the best of both worlds.

The shoot itself all went pretty well, we got some great images, and we both had great fun! Aurora and I are comfortable enough with each other that we're able to do a little experimenting, most of which I'm pleased to say worked-out fairly well. It's a brilliant location, with so many areas that have so many different looks. We actually only shot in 2 places - one hall and a dried-out swimming pool, But even using just these 2 locations and 2 outfit changes, when you add to that a little creativity and imagination, we came away with a nice variety of images.

Here's a few frames from the shoot. In terms of nudity etc they're a bit on the tame side, but the upside of that is that I can safely put them up on Facebook without causing any problems, which means that more people will see them. Swings and roundabouts eh?





Thanks,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment