Monday 7 February 2011

Recently...

2011 has started with a bit of a bang for me, and that's a good thing - I've met a few new people, done a few new things, and learnt a lot!


One of my first shoots for 2011 was a latex shoot at the model's home. Now, I've never done a shoot at someones home before. I've shot out on location, and I've done a bit in the studio too, but never in someones home.Unsurprisingly, this did present me with a few challenges. I found that anything even approaching a wide-angle shot needed to be quite meticulously framed to keep distracting backgrounds to a minimum. Similarly, coming-in close, and getting a tight crop on most of my shots helped fight against this. One of the main reasons for not including too much of the environment was because I kinda thought that kids toys might detract from the sexiness of a latex outfit - just me?

The model, Natalie, was a real pleasure to work with. She contacted me a few months ago, saying that she had a new latex dress, and wanted to try something a bit more fetish than usual, which is exactly the sort of thing I like to shoot! She pulled some great poses, and was really confident and comfortable.

I spent quite a bit of time experimenting with lighting, using a mix of both hard and soft. I really like the effect that a honeycomb grid has on latex, but of course the harshness is not great for the model's features and skin. I tried to offset that by using a shoot-through umbrella for fill, and I think it worked-out OK. Yeah, overall, I think it went well.



Here are a couple of the images we shot, let me know what you think...





No comments:

Post a Comment